collapse

Author Topic: New machine build possibly  (Read 77 times)

Offline rustyshakelford

New machine build possibly
« on: Tue February 13, 2018, 04:50:56 PM »
I bought a kubota rtv and spray rig with boom and gps to do pasture/ranchette spraying with. A friend told me about residential Hydroseeding and now I have an incredible interest in it. For my personal use it could help me get some grass growing at my place that Iíve had a hard time with due to the steepness and poor soil conditions. Really need help with something to hold the soil.

Iíve been considering a vsi 110 or 200 gallon machine but the 200 would be a little much to put in the bed and the 110 seems like it could be a little small. The turbo turf 150p is nice but again a little smaller than I think I want to go. I was to add I have zero experience here but going off what Iíve read and studied up on.

Iím thinking (seriously) of building what I want. I have a decent shop set up that would allow me to fab up most things. So far Iíve been shopping for a 300 gallon tank with larger opening and no legs. 8Ē seems to be all I can find. Figuring 600ish with saddle. Also the sumps are only 1.25Ē and that shouldnít be enough to utilize the size of pump Iíll have.

Found a 3Ētrash pump at northern tool for 1350

Iíll be building this on a channel frame and add probably two axles to help it balance. Should I go with 3Ē valves or are they overkill? 2Ē should be able to take advantage of the flow I would think? Will probably use the layout style of the vsi because of how clean it looks. When I use the bulkhead fittings what goes on the inside of the tank for the jet agitation or are they just 1Ē openings?

Thanks for any and all help. I donít think Iíll save a bunch of money per say but will build just what I want. However, would like to minimize my mistakes by asking the pros

Brett

Offline Turboguy

• Administrator
  • Forum Legend
  • Beaver Falls, PA
    • Turbo Turf HydroSeeding Systems
Re: New machine build possibly
« Reply #1 on: Tue February 13, 2018, 05:04:34 PM »
If you are going with a 3" pump I would suggest a 3" valve at least for the agitation however you are going to rig that up.  2" valves should work for the discharge hose.  300 gallon round tanks usually have an 8" or 11" opening but many 300 gallon oval tanks have a 16" opening.  I agree you should avoid a leg tank.  It's too easy for material to build up in the legs. 
Turbo Turf HS-300-XPW +The new for next year HS-400-ZH.

Offline rustyshakelford

Re: New machine build possibly
« Reply #2 on: Tue February 13, 2018, 05:48:05 PM »
If you are going with a 3" pump I would suggest a 3" valve at least for the agitation however you are going to rig that up.  2" valves should work for the discharge hose.  300 gallon round tanks usually have an 8" or 11" opening but many 300 gallon oval tanks have a 16" opening.  I agree you should avoid a leg tank.  It's too easy for material to build up in the legs.

What do you think about the sump opening being only 1.25Ē? Does the rest of my build plan sound like Iím on the right track? There are such great commercially offered designs out but I really want a specific style of Trailer and by the time I buy a 300 gallon and then the Trailer with shipping it makes it pretty easy to see the saving of trying it all on my own vs blending the two

Brett

* Recent Posts

Re: NEW TO HYDROSEEDING by Turboguy
[Fri February 16, 2018, 11:05:57 AM]

Re: NEW TO HYDROSEEDING by Turboguy
[Fri February 16, 2018, 11:04:38 AM]

Re: NEW TO HYDROSEEDING by barney rubble
[Fri February 16, 2018, 12:52:05 AM]

Re: Wanting to get in the Business by Delores23
[Wed February 14, 2018, 11:53:19 PM]

Re: NEW TO HYDROSEEDING by Jumpstart
[Wed February 14, 2018, 08:35:13 PM]