collapse

Author Topic: Roundup  (Read 54479 times)

Offline TerrawoRx Services

• Forum Legend
  • Turning Brown to Green™
    • TerrawoRx Services
Re: Roundup
« Reply #150 on: Fri September 07, 2012, 11:11:03 AM »
This post sums up to me and those who truly understand that your knowledge of all the basic components required is minimal at best. You keep comparing organic to conventional like it does the exact same thing... newsflash.. it doesnt... Organic is a complete different approach!

Organic is not a greater polluter then conventional as there are plenty of legitimate studies that validate this over and over especially in Dairy, Poultry, Beef, and Swine operations. In fact conventional operations produce more gasses then alternative/organic. Do you honestly think I would believe a "study" when there are ones from NASA, US Geological Survey, UN, and many others that validate the massive amount of pollution conventional animal farms produce? Uh NO!

The attached pdf is a photo of an operation that I know quite well. Theirs is an organic operation! They dont use any chemical fertilizers and use the waste from their operation, composted in a specific way to capture 99% of the gasses that are normally released and applied once per crop sowing. For about 12 years now they have been using this unique farming approach and year after year are gaining almost 1 ton of yield per acre each season with the two crops they produce, corn and oats. Their farm is the healthiest in their area and the nutrient density of their crop exceeds any conventional farm around. I know this because I have personally seen the analyses. They grow these crops for a specific purpose with nutrient density as a key element to their yield. Because they grow the best in the area they get top dollar and due to the multitude of beneficial factors associated they now operate with 6 digit profits. As a by-product they are also building soil fertility within their fields and at last check have grown inches of humus.

So call me a cultist all you want... I really dont care what a pawn of Wall Street has to say... I dont need to read 1 "study" that just happened to come out of Stanford in California (like that was just coincidence) where the GMO Labeling Prop 37 just happens to be on the ballot, to believe the BS you and your Wall Street cronies are spewing...

Organic is NOT the same as conventional nor Frankenfood... I am not a religious man, but I most definitely dont believe that Man needs to alter the genetic codes of God's Creations in order to produce more, when He created a perfect system that Man is just too arrogant, ignorant, and greedy to listen! Well, I listen, and I am confirming things over and over that your "so precious study" claims are fact, are in fact... flawed!

So please save your powdered sugar horse dung for someone else because I know for a fact it isnt any donut!
Erik Bernt Burr - Principal
TerrawoRx Services
Organic Hydroseeding, Feeding, Lawn Repair, Erosion Control, Pasture
info@terraworxservices.com
www.terraworxservices.com
Easy Lawn Machines

Offline TerrawoRx Services

• Forum Legend
  • Turning Brown to Green™
    • TerrawoRx Services
« Reply #151 on: Fri September 07, 2012, 03:15:27 PM »
As I stated before that it was much more then just coincidence...

Busted: Co-Author of Flawed Stanford Organic Study Has Deep Ties to Big Tobacco’s Anti-Science Propaganda

Over the last several days, the mainstream media has fallen for an elaborate scientific hoax that sought to destroy the credibility of organic foods by claiming they are “no healthier” than conventional foods (grown with pesticides and GMOs). NaturalNews and NaturalSociety have learned one of the key co-authors of the study, Dr. Ingram Olkin, has a deep history as an “anti-science” propagandist working for Big Tobacco. Stanford University has also been found to have deep financial ties to Cargill, a powerful proponent of genetically engineered foods and an enemy of GMO labeling Proposition 37.

The New York Times, BBC and all the other publications that printed stories based on this Stanford study published in the Annals of Internal Medicine  have been victims of an elaborate scientific hoax carried out by corporate propagandists posing as “scientists.”

Read more: http://naturalsociety.com/stanford-organic-study-big-tobaccos-anti-science-propaganda/#ixzz25oQLqfh5
Erik Bernt Burr - Principal
TerrawoRx Services
Organic Hydroseeding, Feeding, Lawn Repair, Erosion Control, Pasture
info@terraworxservices.com
www.terraworxservices.com
Easy Lawn Machines

Offline rapidlawn

• Sr. Forum Member
    • www.rapidlawn.ca
« Reply #152 on: Fri September 07, 2012, 10:53:52 PM »
This post sums up to me and those who truly understand that your knowledge of all the basic components required is minimal at best. You keep comparing organic to conventional like it does the exact same thing... newsflash.. it doesnt... Organic is a complete different approach!

Are you kidding me...wow! Back to the personal attacks etc, good for you!! This whole debate is about "organic" vs "conventional" vs "gmo"...of course they are different approaches, and the debate continues re: "is one better than the other, than the other". What a stupid statement. You believe in one thing, I believe in another...leave it at that!

The bigger issue is world food production: organic has it's place and so does conventional and GMO...why can't you (and other tree-huggers) accept that??

Organic is not a greater polluter then conventional as there are plenty of legitimate studies that validate this over and over especially in Dairy, Poultry, Beef, and Swine operations. In fact conventional operations produce more gasses then alternative/organic. Do you honestly think I would believe a "study" when there are ones from NASA, US Geological Survey, UN, and many others that validate the massive amount of pollution conventional animal farms produce? Uh NO!

What?? Do organic dairy, poultry, Beef and Swine "fart" less than conventional produced livestock?? Manure is manure, regardless of kind of production system. The only difference in livestock production systems is what they are fed. I had to laugh at Rachel Ray stating that she recommends buying "organic" beef because it's healthier, and that you should cook "conventional" beef longer, because it may be harmful...another "stupid" statement.

And by the way, we were talking crops, not animal production. Organic grain producing farms burn way more fuel than zero-till conventional farmers - witnessed and proven over numerous examples and scientific studies.

The attached pdf is a photo of an operation that I know quite well. Theirs is an organic operation! They dont use any chemical fertilizers and use the waste from their operation, composted in a specific way to capture 99% of the gasses that are normally released and applied once per crop sowing. For about 12 years now they have been using this unique farming approach and year after year are gaining almost 1 ton of yield per acre each season with the two crops they produce, corn and oats. Their farm is the healthiest in their area and the nutrient density of their crop exceeds any conventional farm around. I know this because I have personally seen the analyses. They grow these crops for a specific purpose with nutrient density as a key element to their yield. Because they grow the best in the area they get top dollar and due to the multitude of beneficial factors associated they now operate with 6 digit profits. As a by-product they are also building soil fertility within their fields and at last check have grown inches of humus.

Good for for them!! One in a million. What's to say the conventional farmer on the right wasn't a shitty farmer that only applies low amounts of fert etc. Where's the scientific data in that comparison??

I'll show you 100's of photos and create 1000's of pdf's of very efficient conventional farms (each farming 10,000 acres or more) that I deal with, that (over the past 10 years) have increased their Organic Matter by 3-4% across their land base, and yields by 50%, using less chemicals, fossil fuels and fertilizer, thru continuous cropping and zero-till farming practices using mainly GMO crops. Most organic farmers around here grow weeds, not crop. Hmm, let's outlaw then for spreading noxious weed seeds across the country!

You state they are increasing yields by 1 ton/yr, or 40-50 bushels of yield per year, for the last 12 years...really? They must be averaging 400 bu/ac corn this year, even in the drought!

Also, you mention "6-digit profits"...I thought you were an "anti-profit" kind of guy??

Lastly, tell me more about "nutrient density" and "healthy farms". So you are saying he gets paid more for producing "healthy crops". Awesome, but I doubt it. Stop by a local grain elevator and ask the grain buyer if he pays a premium for "nutrient density" crops. Thinking you'll get a blank stare. On that point, GMO canola and soybean producers who produce "heart healthy" oils, get paid a premium of at least $1/bu. Why, because they can extract a premium from the market, similar to organic foods.

So call me a cultist all you want... I really dont care what a pawn of Wall Street has to say... I don't need to read 1 "study" that just happened to come out of Stanford in California (like that was just coincidence) where the GMO Labeling Prop 37 just happens to be on the ballot, to believe the BS you and your Wall Street cronies are spewing...

For the record, I have ZERO dollars in the stock market as I think it's (Wall Street) is an absolute, convoluted joke (a debate for another time). For me, it has nothing to do with Wall Street...once again, another stupid statement. If this were the case, how many organic "corporations" and public companies are on Wall Street, and what are their "profits"?

Organic is a huge BUSINESS, it's not all about doing better for the world as perceived and marketed by the huge multi-national "organic" companies, regardless if on Wall Street or private.

Organic is NOT the same as conventional nor Frankenfood... I am not a religious man, but I most definitely dont believe that Man needs to alter the genetic codes of God's Creations in order to produce more, when He created a perfect system that Man is just too arrogant, ignorant, and greedy to listen! Well, I listen, and I am confirming things over and over that your "so precious study" claims are fact, are in fact... flawed!

Do your homework on this one...or maybe I should question your "intelligence" on this comment. Man has altered the genetic code of plants for thousands of years, via something called "conventional plant breeding". Have you personally seen and witnessed how GMO's are bred and produced?? I didn't think so. Well I have!

RR crops is literally an "insertion" of 1 gene into a plant...with the remaining genetic code remaining intact. That is 1 gene out of 30-60K+ genes, depending on the type of plant. The plant has not changed, it is the SAME plant as before, but now it's tolerant to a herbicide, disease, insect or environmental condition such as drought. Sounds scary...doesn't it!

So please save your powdered sugar horse dung for someone else because I know for a fact it isnt any donut!

I can't even respond to this one, sorry!!  ;)

By the way - if your best sources are numerous "blogs" (Natural Society etc), that seek donations and fundraising to keep them afloat and "profit" the writers, perhaps I will start questioning your "knowledge" and "intelligence" of the said subject. Oh never mind...it's all a "hoax"  ;D
« Last Edit: Sat September 08, 2012, 12:05:16 AM by rapidlawn »
Monte Dobson
Owner - Rapid Lawn Hydroseeding
Regina, SK  CANADA
Ph. 306-552-8000
Email. info(at)rapidlawn.ca
Website. www.rapidlawn.ca

Offline Turboguy

• Administrator
  • Forum Legend
  • Beaver Falls, PA
    • Turbo Turf HydroSeeding Systems
« Reply #153 on: Sat September 08, 2012, 06:35:23 AM »
This is an interesting topic that can have some valid arguements each way.   There have been some good points made but please try to keep it respectful and polite.
Turbo Turf HS-400-XPW

Offline hydroservice

• Forum Legend
« Reply #154 on: Sat September 08, 2012, 04:18:39 PM »
Right on Rapid Lawn
Erosion Control Equipment & Products Since 1947
                     Pittsfield, Maine
                        FINN T-330

Offline easygrass

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Legend
  • Fort Worth, Texas
« Reply #155 on: Mon April 01, 2013, 10:32:21 AM »
never ending story!

"Quote"
'Monsanto Protection Act': 5 Terrifying Things To Know About The HR 933 Provision

1.) The "Monsanto Protection Act" effectively bars federal courts from being able to halt the sale or planting of controversial genetically modified (aka GMO) or genetically engineered (GE) seeds, no matter what health issues may arise concerning GMOs in the future.

2.) The provision's language was apparently written in collusion with Monsanto. Lawmakers and companies working together to craft legislation is by no means a rare occurrence in this day and age. But the fact that Sen. Roy Blunt, Republican of Missouri, actually worked with Monsanto on a provision that in effect allows them to keep selling seeds, which can then go on to be planted, even if it is found to be harmful to consumers, is stunning. It's just another example of corporations bending Congress to their will, and it's one that could have dire risks for public health in America.

3.) Many members of Congress were apparently unaware that the "Monsanto Protection Act" even existed within the bill they were voting on. HR 933 was a spending bill aimed at averting a government shutdown and ensuring that the federal government would continue to be able to pay its bills. But the Center for Food Safety maintains that many Democrats in Congress were not even aware that the provision was in the legislation:

“In this hidden backroom deal, Sen. [Barbara] Mikulski turned her back on consumer, environmental and farmer protection in favor of corporate welfare for biotech companies such as Monsanto,” Andrew Kimbrell, executive director of the Center for Food Safety, said in a statement. “This abuse of power is not the kind of leadership the public has come to expect from Sen. Mikulski or the Democrat Majority in the Senate.”

4.) The President did nothing to stop it, either. On Tuesday, Obama signed HR 933 while the rest of the nation was fixated on gay marriage, as the U.S. Supreme Court heard oral argument concerning California's Proposition 8. But just because most of the nation and the media were paying attention to gay marriage doesn't mean that others were not doing their best to express their opposition to the "Monsanto Protection Act." In fact, more than 250,000 voters signed a petition opposing the provision. And Food Democracy Now protesters even took their fight straight to Obama, protesting in front of the White House against Section 735 of the bill. He signed it anyway.

5.) It sets a terrible precedent...the message it sends is that corporations can get around consumer safety protections if they get Congress on their side. Furthermore, it sets a precedent that suggests that court challenges are a privilege, not a right.

“I think any time you tweak with the ability of the public to seek redress from the courts, you create a huge risk,” Seattle attorney Bill Marler -- who has represented victims of foodborne illness in successful lawsuits against corporations -- told the New York Daily News.

More info: http://tinyurl.com/d56c4fw
" awareness of the environment through a physical sensation "

Offline rapidlawn

• Sr. Forum Member
    • www.rapidlawn.ca
« Reply #156 on: Wed April 03, 2013, 06:58:49 PM »
New scientific paper released. 'Environmental impacts of GM crops' -> From 1996-2011, 470 million kg less pesticide, GHGs down:

More at: http://www.landesbioscience.com/journals/gmcrops/article/24459/?show_full_text=true&
Monte Dobson
Regina, SK  CANADA
Ph. 306-552-8000

Offline rapidlawn

• Sr. Forum Member
    • www.rapidlawn.ca
« Reply #157 on: Wed April 03, 2013, 07:06:21 PM »
An interesting article to rebut the "tsunami of stories about the so called Monsanto Protection Act": http://www.forbes.com/sites/jonentine/2013/04/02/exposing-the-anti-gmo-legal-machine-the-real-story-behind-the-so-called-monsanto-protection-act/

'Monsanto Protection Act': 5 Terrifying Things To Know About The HR 933 Provision

1.) The "Monsanto Protection Act" effectively bars federal courts from being able to halt the sale or planting of controversial genetically modified (aka GMO) or genetically engineered (GE) seeds, no matter what health issues may arise concerning GMOs in the future.

2.) The provision's language was apparently written in collusion with Monsanto. Lawmakers and companies working together to craft legislation is by no means a rare occurrence in this day and age. But the fact that Sen. Roy Blunt, Republican of Missouri, actually worked with Monsanto on a provision that in effect allows them to keep selling seeds, which can then go on to be planted, even if it is found to be harmful to consumers, is stunning. It's just another example of corporations bending Congress to their will, and it's one that could have dire risks for public health in America.

3.) Many members of Congress were apparently unaware that the "Monsanto Protection Act" even existed within the bill they were voting on. HR 933 was a spending bill aimed at averting a government shutdown and ensuring that the federal government would continue to be able to pay its bills. But the Center for Food Safety maintains that many Democrats in Congress were not even aware that the provision was in the legislation:

“In this hidden backroom deal, Sen. [Barbara] Mikulski turned her back on consumer, environmental and farmer protection in favor of corporate welfare for biotech companies such as Monsanto,” Andrew Kimbrell, executive director of the Center for Food Safety, said in a statement. “This abuse of power is not the kind of leadership the public has come to expect from Sen. Mikulski or the Democrat Majority in the Senate.”

4.) The President did nothing to stop it, either. On Tuesday, Obama signed HR 933 while the rest of the nation was fixated on gay marriage, as the U.S. Supreme Court heard oral argument concerning California's Proposition 8. But just because most of the nation and the media were paying attention to gay marriage doesn't mean that others were not doing their best to express their opposition to the "Monsanto Protection Act." In fact, more than 250,000 voters signed a petition opposing the provision. And Food Democracy Now protesters even took their fight straight to Obama, protesting in front of the White House against Section 735 of the bill. He signed it anyway.

5.) It sets a terrible precedent...the message it sends is that corporations can get around consumer safety protections if they get Congress on their side. Furthermore, it sets a precedent that suggests that court challenges are a privilege, not a right.

“I think any time you tweak with the ability of the public to seek redress from the courts, you create a huge risk,” Seattle attorney Bill Marler -- who has represented victims of foodborne illness in successful lawsuits against corporations -- told the New York Daily News.

More info: http://tinyurl.com/d56c4fw
Monte Dobson
Regina, SK  CANADA
Ph. 306-552-8000

Offline easygrass

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Legend
  • Fort Worth, Texas
« Reply #158 on: Thu July 25, 2013, 10:02:57 PM »
http://www.dallasobserver.com/2013-07-25/dining/monsanto-the-belligerent-strongman-trying-to-control-america-s-food-supply/full/

"It didn't used to be like this. At one time, seed companies were just large-scale farmers who grew various strains for next year's crop. Most of the innovative hybrids and cross-breeding was done the old-fashioned way, at public universities, and the results were shared publicly."
" awareness of the environment through a physical sensation "

* Recent Posts

Re: 1997 Finn T-90 won't star... Shut down solenoid??? by mooreterry701
[Mon November 04, 2019, 01:23:57 PM]

1997 Finn T-90 won't star... Shut down solenoid??? by Oliver378
[Thu October 31, 2019, 07:27:23 PM]

Seminar Registration Open! by Jennifer
[Mon October 28, 2019, 10:10:58 AM]

Re: Trade Shows in the South by GreenGoHydro
[Mon October 07, 2019, 10:10:06 AM]

Re: Trade Shows in the South by Turboguy
[Wed October 02, 2019, 09:31:09 PM]